Sunday 31 January 2010

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadierkompanie WiP

Just a quick update on the modelling front.


I've been busy trying to get my Germans together. So far I've assembled all of the vehicles out of my current collection of models. They still need their machine gunners which will be added after painting. I've magnetised the guns on my Panzer III's so that I can use them as either L or N variants. Unfortunately I somehow got the polarity wrong on the turret off my command tank so I need to fix that.

I also got to play my first games of Flames today. Wonna and I basically sat down and threw our armies at each other, mainly in an attempt to try things out and learn the rules. Once I get some better scenery and paint my models I'll start doing some AAR's for them.

Whilst I try to find the time to make some decent terrain for our games, I've decided to throw together some paper buildings. Unfortunately I can't find any for 15mm, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to know.

Eltnot.

2 comments:

ScannableGoose said...

Fantastic progress mate!
The other good point about putting the turrets on magnets is that when they brew up, you can remove the turret and replace with smoke.
Not that your tanks are going to brew up I'm sure... ;)
Keen to see how you go painting the figures on the bases. I can't do it, so I have to paint them on a strip and then base them.
The way you've done it though, you can start playing straigh away.
No joy from the list of links I sent you?

Eltnot said...

I didn't notice the emails until today.
I'll print some out before my game next weekend.