Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hobby Resolution

Inspired by Col.Gravis' New Years Resolution, I decided I'd try to do one myself.

The idea being to pick out a couple of things to improve upon over the course of the year.

1. Update the Blog
I'd like to get back into the habit of updating this regularly. I'd had good intentions late last year but kept putting it off with the result being a large amount of small posts towards the end of the year. My goal is to make at least two posts per month.

2. Finish my Sisters of Battle
This is the army I keep on saying I will get finished but never do. My current goal is to have 1500 points painted in time for the Gladstone Tournament in May. The army is currently basecoated with three colours but I want them finished!

3. Paint my Blood Bowl Team
This is a smaller short term goal that I can see quite easily slipping by. I had planned to have them done by now but I haven't, so on the list they go.

4. Paint my Flames of War army
This is a new thing. Over the past few months, I've decided to start playing Flames of War, and excellent 15mm WWII game. I currently have a Panzer Grenadier Platoon and Command HQ. On the way are some Panzerknackers, a pair of Sd Kfz 231 8-rads and three Panzer III N's along with a copy of the new Eastern Front book that is released in a few days. I'd like to try to stay mostly on top of this army and paint it as it comes in.

5. Try new painting techniques and paints
I'd like to increase my exposure to other things. High on that list is trying out some of the Acrylicos Vallejo range of paints. I'd also like to learn new techniques and styles in preperation for painting my rogue trader army that is still in the collecting phase but soon to be ready for assmbling and painting.

We'll see how I go at the end of the year.
Eltnot.

No comments: